Rick Barker election monitoring roles
Rick has extensive experience in election monitoring and engaging with Members of Parliament about their roles, how parliaments function and the importance of constitutional arrangements Rick has been on the following;
- Seminar on the role of Party Whips for the Fijian parliamentary parties in Melbourne Australia 2015
- International observer to the Fijian elections September 2014
- International observer for the elections in Guinea Bissau April 2014
- International Observer for the Referendum on the political status of the Falkland Islands March 2013
- Lead the New Zealand delegation to monitor the elections in Timor L’este August 2001 based with the New Zealand Battalion in Suai.